Saturday, December 02, 2006

I've been missing home a lot more this semester than I did the last one - I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's the fact that this semester I left a beautiful summer in Norway for a boilingly horrible Cairo - while last semester I left sludge and winter for I-don't-even-need-to-wear-a-jacket-weather. Maybe it's the fact that I had so much to do last semester that I barely had time for anything else. Or part of the reason is that Cairo isn't as exotic and exiting as before.

The possibility that it could also be because I've been worse at keeping contact with people back home has also comme to mind. Which is partly why I'm writing this now - expect more soon, that is, check back tomorrow evening. I'll have a bigger update then, promise!

While the workload last semester kept me from travelling then, it's the finances that've kept me from doing so this semester - it's a shame, and I'll really have to find some way of making up for it in the future. I think I've found the perfect time to travel to muslim majority countries now, but I ain't tellin'



PS: I don't know if I mentioned it, but comments can be made in Norwegian - only I have to write in English

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home