Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mass mailings have now gone out :l

The heat here is pretty unbearable, though I'm getting used to it. The first couple of days, going outside at all was a chore and I've spent a lot of time at the airconditioned AUC library, my airconditioned hostel room and the extravagant, decadent, über-posh cafè cilantro (also airconditioned).

Unfortunately, to find an appartment, I have to, at some point, be outside. Which explains why I haven't found one yet.

On my trip down I read through a book from 1938 about the Egyptian peasant (also the title of the book). Aside from containing charming attributes of it's time (skull measurements, "racial traits" and the like) it stressed quite a few problems that needed taking care of. Many of them still exist today, both in greater (overpopulation) and lesser (illitteracy) degree.

I think there's a lesson in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home