Monday, February 13, 2006

Recovering from illness
As some of you know, I've had a cold for a while now (which is probably the last illness I expected to catch here) - it's been everything but fun, and I am now in the process of catching up on all the schoolwork I diddn't do because I was sleeping.

So, here are some pretty pictures:'
Image hosting by Photobucket
I don't know these people, and I don't know how smart it is to fish in the Nile...
Image hosting by Photobucket
Door that was in the stairs of some hostel.
Image hosting by Photobucket
(This is what I saw when I woke up the first day at the hostel, I arrived 1AM the night before, so this was my first real glimpse of Cairo - and my first realization that "there's no turning back now - I'm staying here for this semester!"
Image hosting by Photobucket
Camel I rode looking at the pyramids...

Edit: also, I know I wrote that you should always settle the price with the cabbie before getting in the car - this is not true! Once you've talked to enough locals and the like and you know how the prices are - the best strategy is to get out of the car after the ride, give the exact amount of money through the window and then just start to walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home