Tuesday, January 17, 2006

beklager at denne er på engelsk, men blogger.com tillater ikke noe annet, og blogg.no krever reklame.

This is my first post in this blog that will be dedicated to my life as a student in Cairo (and probably some other stuff as well), it'll be updated whenever I feel like it (and that will probably depend on how much feedback I get).

There's always something surreal about packing things to move, I shuld know, as I've moved four times the last four years. Sitting around between packing, seeing your environment slowly disintegrating around you, and ending up in a flashy minimalist appartment before disassembling the desk and clearing away the bed (okay, so I'm projecting: these are my two most important pieces of furniture).

I'm now sitting in the chair that came with the room, in the corner along with everything that's left, and waiting for my da to come along with the car. I'll be leaving tonight, and I don't think it's really struck me yet. I don't suppose it'll ever seem like a big deal, but it doesn't seem realistic to me to think "tomorrow I'll be in Cairo".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home